Make the most of your day at Puerto Limon with this jam-packed shore excursion that gives you a memorable taste of Costa Rica’s Caribbean highlights. Spot wildlife on a rainforest trek, visit a working banana plantation and cruise down the biodiverse Tortuguero Canal. You?ll also take a scenic drive along the coast, explore the region?s diverse culture on a Limon city tour, and hunt for souvenirs at local shops.
- Combo shore excursion from the port of Limon
- Experience six different activities in a single day
- Explore the Costa Rican rainforest on a guided trek and a cruise down the Tortuguero Canal
- Visit a working banana plantation
- Take in beautiful vistas on a coastal drive
- Discover the city of Limon on a sightseeing tour
- Pick up unique souvenirs at local shops
- Port pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Meet your driver and guide when your ship docks at Limon?s port in the morning, and embark on a 6-hour combo adventure that introduces you to the region?s natural and cultural highlights. With an energy distinct from the rest of the country, Limon province boasts a rich cultural heritage with Afro-Caribbean, Bribri, Cab?car, Asian, Italian, and Central American roots.
Take in scenes of Limon?s urban bustle on a short sightseeing tour.
Rain Forest Trek
Step inside the lush world of the Costa Rican rainforest on an easy 0.6-mile (1-km) trail through a secondary forest crisscrossed by creek beds. Keep an eye out for native wildlife including three-toed sloths, butterflies, toucans, hummingbirds, and colorful amphibians like the red dart frog.
The banana industry plays an important role in the Costa Rican economy, as the tiny country is the world?s second-largest banana producer, with 80% of plantations located in the Limon province. Visit a working banana plantation and packing house to learn how the fruit is cultivated, harvested, and shipped all around the globe.
Tortuguero Canal Cruise
Enjoy the tranquility of the rainforest on a 1-hour cruise down this biodiverse waterway in a covered riverboat. Learn about the surrounding ecosystem as a guide point out interesting plant species and helps you look for wildlife like howler monkeys, bats, and crocodiles lounging on the riverbanks.
Browse local goods and pick up unique mementos to take home at some of Limon?s lively souvenir shops.
Soak up the beautiful scenery of the Caribbean coastline on the drive between the different activities.
- Sightseeing cruise
- Guided trek
- All transport between activities
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
You will be met at the cruise pier.
8 am or?9 am
Note: Pick up time depends on the ship and its arrival time. We will send a note to all clients indicating the correct pickup time for the tour.
6 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point