Maximize your port day in Puntarenas with this jam-packed combo tour that introduces you to the best of the Gulf of Nicoya. Drive through the Costa Rican countryside to a nature reserve, explore the rainforest canopy on hanging bridges, and spot crocs on a cruise down the Tarcoles River. Check out local culture with shopping stops at a replica Spanish Village and fun souvenir store, and finish with a city sightseeing tour.
- Combo shore excursion from Puntarenas
- Experience the best of the Gulf on Nicoya with a diverse itinerary
- Pass farming villages and sugar plantations on a drive through the Costa Rican countryside
- Explore the rainforest on a hanging bridges tour at a nature reserve
- Shop for souvenirs at a recreated Spanish colonial village
- See wild crocodiles on a cruise down the Tarcoles River
- Stress-free way to make the most of your day at port
What You Can Expect
When your cruise ship docks at the port of Puntarenas, meet your driver and guide at the pier, and climb aboard an air-conditioned bus with room for up to 20 passengers. Travel through the Costa Rican countryside past traditional farming villages and mango and citrus plantations for about 1 hour to reach Villa Lapas. Straddling the country?s unique tropical and dry forest ecosystems, this nature reserve is home to hundreds of bird species plus an array of other wildlife like raccoons, monkeys, anteaters, and poison dart frogs. Explore this incredible biodiversity on a SkyWay tour along suspended bridges and walkways.
Head next to Santa Lucia, a replica of a Spanish colonial settlement nestled against a river and the rainforest. Enjoy free time here to shop for local goods like gourmet coffee and small painted oxcarts. Refresh with a snack of fresh fruit and iced tea here before continuing on to the Tarcoles River.
Hop aboard a riverboat for a 1-hour cruise down the waterway famous for its population of large American crocodiles. Keep an eye out for the jaw-snapping crocs and soak up scenic views along the northern border of the Carara Biological Reserve.
After the boat tour, you?ll have a chance to pick up more souvenirs at the El Jardin store and restaurant and get a glimpse into coastal culture with a short sightseeing tour of Puntarenas city. The 6-hour tour concludes with drop-off back at the cruise pier.
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At the time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at the time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
You will be met at the cruise pier
8 am or?9 am depending on your Ship Name and Arrival Time
Note: Pick up time depends on the ship and its arrival time. We will send a note to all clients indicating the correct pick up time for the tour.
6 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point