Experience a fun-filled day in the jungle at the Rainforest Adventures Costa Rica Atlantic eco-reserve. Your multi-pass gives you access to six different activities throughout the beautiful tropical park. Get a bird?s-eye view of the rainforest canopy with an aerial tram ride, encounter native critters at a butterfly and frog garden, cross a hanging bridge, and explore the jungle on a nature hike. Get your adrenaline pumping as you soar through the treetops on zip lines, including one of the longest and fastest in the country.
- Day trip to Rainforest Adventures Costa Rica Atlantic, a private nature preserve, with a ?6-in-1 pass?
- Cruise over the rainforest canopy on an aerial tram and soar along multiple ziplines
- Explore a pleasant nature trail and discover the rainforest?s secrets from the ground up
- Wander through a garden home to various species of butterflies and frogs
- Learn about the preserve?s abundant flora and fauna from naturalist guides
- Choose from two morning departure times
What You Can Expect
Walk across a suspended bridge Get in touch with your inner jungle explorer at Rainforest Adventures Costa Rica Atlantic. With 1,200 acres (475 hectares) of the pristine tropical landscape, this private eco-reserve borders the Braulio Carrillo National Park and offers a multitude of activities for a packed day of adventure.
After morning pickup at your San Jose hotel (if selected), drive about an hour northeast through a scenic landscape to arrive at the reserve. Take your pick of the reserve?s abundant activities with your 6-in-1 pass. Friendly guides will be on hand throughout the day to safely escort you through the park?s attractions. (See Itinerary below for details.)
Refuel during your adventure with a savory buffet breakfast or lunch at the reserve?s on-site caf? (own expense). After several hours of exploration, relax on the ride back to your San Jose hotel (only applicable if transportation option is selected).
Note: Click on ‘View additional info’ to ensure your hotel is included in the pickup and drop-off zone.
Glide through the rainforest canopy in an open-air gondola for a treetop perspective on birds and plants not usually seen from the ground. A naturalist guide will accompany you on the 80-minute ride to point out native wildlife and beautiful hanging gardens.
Experience the thrill of soaring through the rainforest on an aerial zip line! Gear up with a harness and helmet and receive a safety briefing before launching on a series of 10 different cables that range in length from 262 to 459 feet (80 to 140 meters).
If you?re craving more zip line action, fly across the region?s newest and longest cable, which stretches an astonishing 2,297 feet (700 meters) through the jungle. Soar at speeds up to 34 miles per hour (55 km per hour) as you feel the tropical air on your face and watch the lush scenery whizz by.
Feel like Indiana Jones as you walk across a traditional hanging bridge above the Molinete River. Stop along the way to admire the peace of the surrounding jungle and look for native machaca fish swimming in the water below.
Bocarac? Nature Trail
Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, enjoy a leisurely 45-minute hike through the jungle. Soak up the magic of this diverse ecosystem as you admire the towering trees and look for native wildlife such as tapirs, sloths, birds, and monkeys.
Butterflies & Frogs Garden
Get an up-close encounter with some of the rain forest?s smallest residents at this open-air garden. Spot beautiful blue morphos and red-eyed frogs as you wander through the 2,150-square-foot (200-square-meter) habitat. See butterflies in various stages of life in a netted enclosure; you may even feel the tickle of tiny wings and feet on your skin!
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- All necessary equipment
- Aerial tram tour
- Zipline canopy tour
- Butterfly and Frog Garden visit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes
- Please bring a change of clothes, insect repellent, and a raincoat
- Minimum 2 passengers required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from most San Jose hotels (if option selected)
Between 6-6: 30 am OR between 8:30 and 9:30 am
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
8 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point