- The?Palo Verde National Park is a?National Park?of?Costa Rica, part of the?Tempisque Conservation Area, that contains much of the area of the valley of the?Tempisque River?and covers an area of 45,492?acres?in?Guanacaste Province, 30?km west of?Ca?as.
- The park has a Ranger Station which opens for the visitors?and has potable water and restrooms.
- It has the highest concentration of waterfowl and waders, both native and migratory. It is known as one of the best areas for bird watching in Central America.
What You Can Expect
- The Palo Verde National Park is formed by a set of diverse floodplain habitats, delimited by rivers and a row of calcareous hills.
- Palo Verde is one of the places with the greatest ecological diversity in the country; There are approximately 15 habitats that are created by the topography, the edaphic conditions, including drainage, the overflow of rivers and the effect of tides.
- The natural hydrological system of Palo Verde creates the right conditions to produce in the area, the most important concentration of the country and Central America of waterfowl and wading birds, both residents, and migrants.
- Some of the most abundant mammals are the howler monkeys, the white-faced monkeys, the coatis, the deer, the red squirrels, the porcupines, and the coyotes.
- The park protects one of the most endangered ecosystems. It is one of the last remaining tropical dry rainforests that once covered most of Central America. Tropical dry rainforests now exist in less than 0.1% of their original size and are considered to be the most endangered ecosystems in the tropics.
- Admission ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
- Costa Rica Groups Travel Company (if option selected)
- Hotels in San Jos? Downtown (if option selected) – Selected hotels only*
2 hours (approx.)