Get your creativity flowing while relaxing in majestic Costa Rica on this 7 Day Beach & Volcano Mixed Media Art Retreat. Dianne “Dee” Ziegler and Native’s Way Costa Rica have teamed up to create ultimate Art Retreat in Costa Rica!
Dee is a professional artist and art educator from Raleigh, NC. ?She comes to us with a BA in Arts Education from Appalachian State University and has taught ages 3 to Adult. ?She currently teaches?for the Public School System in Raleigh?and awarded Teacher of the Year in 2015-16. ?Dee has artwork permanently displayed at Appalachian State and the Raleigh Convention Center. ?She also sells her work nationally.
- Drawing & Painting Techniques
- Collage on Sketchbook Cover
- Batik your own Sarong
- Abstract painting to live music
- Wine & Design Sunset Painting
- Expressionist Animal Painting
- Impressionist Painting
What You Can Expect
Arrival at LIR Airport, shuttle to Esplendor Tamarindo Batik your own sarong & Welcome Dinner:?A fun, easy art class batiking your own Sarong using glue and acrylic paint to wear at the beach!? Go over the week?s itinerary & art projects and introduce materials given
Drawing & Painting Techniques – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Value Scale – Drawing pencils and how to control them
- Use your drawing pencils to make 3-dimensional drawings
- Create a shadow & how to shad a form
- Blend a variety of paint colors to create a realistic form
- Value scale with paint & creating a form with a shadow
- Sketchbook Self Collage: Decorate your sketchbook cover!
- Collaging techniques
- Collage your new sketchbook
Antares Sunset Cruise?12:45 PM – 6:00 PM: Set sail for the afternoon on an 80-foot Schooner with open bar, 6 gourmet courses, live music, snorkeling, and swimming, returning to Tamarindo at sunset.
Morning Journaling -?9:00 AM – 10:30 AM – Learn about Dee?s journal artist inspirations. Learn unique?background techniques for some upcoming journals
Abstract painting to local, live music! – ?Dragonfly Restaurant 6:00 – 9:00 PM: Learn how to paint using your intuition and the rhythm of a local Flamenco guitarist, Tony Putaggio!
Transfer to Arenal?8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Wine and Design Sunset Painting – 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Sip wine, relax, and paint along with Dee as she walks the group through each step of the painting, but you can add your own style to it as well! Blend colors to create a beautiful sunset & create a silhouette of Arenal Volcano
Expressionist Animal Painting – 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Franz Marc was an expressionist painter who had fun with color and created one of a kind animal paintings. Learn how to draw and paint an animal using simple techniques and arbitrary colors
Waterfall Rappelling -?12:35 PM – 5:00 PM: You’ll rappel down huge waterfalls, jump into pools, zip down guided rappels, climb the canyon walls and river boulders, and hike up through the rainforest. (Optional – Add $99)
The Springs Hot Springs with Dinner?6:00 – 9:00 PM
Impressionist painting -?9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Paint?outside to a breathtaking view of Arenal Volcano! Learn the style characteristics and processes of painting like Van Gogh and Monet!? Learn how to find a composition and the process of landscape painting
Spa Day?- 1:00 PM: $100 credit
- 6 nights accommodation
- 3 Nights at Manoa Resort at Arenal Volcano
- 3 Nights at Esplendor Tamarindo Beach
- Sunset Cruise with Snorkeling
- Waterfall Rappelling
- The Springs Hot Springs with Dinner
- Spa Day
- Entrance fees
- Round Trip Airport Transportation
- All Transporation to/from hotels & activities
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If an activity is canceled due to weather, it will be rescheduled or a partial refund will be given for the value of that activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- If you wish to stay in Cosa Rica longer than the dates of the Art Retreat, we will help you with additional lodging and still provide Airport Transportation (an additional fee may be charged)
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Schedule and Pricing
We’re sorry, this tour or activity is not available at this time. Please check back later.
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
7 days (approx.)