Discover Costa Rica’s ample natural and cultural offerings on a family-friendly 8-day adventure, beginning in San Jose. Tour a coffee farm, learn about local harvesting methods and sample the legendary product. Visit a smoldering volcano, embark on a thrilling rappelling and white water rafting excursion and enjoy two full days of white-sand beach time at Manual Antonio National Park. While there, choose to swim, scuba-dive or simply lounge on the beach.
This exciting multi-day itinerary includes comfy lodgings and the expertise of a local guide.
- Delve into Costa Rica’s vast natural wonders
- Rappel, whitewater raft and enjoy ample beach time
- Tour a working coffee farm and taste the finished product
- Enjoy a mix of active adventure and downtime
- Bed down in comfy lodgings throughout
- Ideal for families
What You Can Expect
Day 1: Welcome to Costa Rica. Get picked up from the airport in San Jose and transferred to the hotel.?Overnight in San Jose.
Day 2: Adventure Connection from San Jose to Arenal. Today we travel from San Jos? to Arenal: you can choose White water rafting Balsa River Class II/III
After getting picked up from your hotel, you?ll go through the beautiful Costa Rican back roads to our private put-in at the Balsa River. Challenge yourself as you paddle down 10 kilometers of exciting rapids with names like ?Congo Loco? and ?Rock around the Croc?. As you descend down the river, you?ll have a chance to admire the lush greenery, vines, and different types of insects, birds, and animals, like monkeys and sloths. After your day full of nature, adventure and delicious food, you?ll drive to your new vacation destination in comfortable air-conditioned vans.
Or you can choose:
Visit La Paz Waterfall Gardens and Coffee tour on the way to Arenal.
Overnight at Arenal Montana de Fuego or similar. Meals: B-L
Day 3: Full Day: cultural and adventure day After savor an early morning cup of Costa Rican coffee and a hearty breakfast, at the reception our guide will be waiting for you, to start an incredible walk along the trails, surrounded by the lush flora and native fauna of the area, which will lead us to discover an Indian reserve hidden in the hearth of these mountains. The village of Palenque Arenal says capi capi and welcomes you to an amazing experience of nature, cultural immersion, and ancestral art. Learn about the medicinal uses of plants from the rainforest, create your own colorful traditional artwork and even learn a few Maleku?s words.
Overnight at Monta?a de Fuego Hotel. Meals: B
Day 4,5,6: Manuel Antonio Beach After exploring Arenal for 2 days, it is time to go to the beach and have fun! After breakfast at your hotel, you will be transferred to Manuel Antonio beach where you will have time to explore the surroundings, go sailing, or simply relax by the pool of the hotel.
Overnight at Costa Verde?Hotel or similar.
Day 7: Back to San Jose
Enjoy one final swim in the ocean or walk on the beach before being transferred to San Jose. This evening, join your guide for a guided tour through San Jos? city.? On this tour, you will visit the Central Market and the central avenue, giving you the chance to see how Costa Ricans live their daily routine while enjoying some goodies at the market.
Overnight in San Jose. Meals: D
Day 8: Flight Back: You will enjoy a private transfer to Juan Santamaria International Airport just in time to catch your flight back home.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in San Jos?
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Arenal
- 3 nights hotel accommodation at Manuel Antonio
- Hot Springs
- Transfer from San Jose to Arenal you can choose: Whitewater rafting Class II/III. or Visit: Coffee Tour and La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- San Jose By Night
- Transfer In/Transfer Out/Shuttle Transportation from Arenal to Manuel Antonio and from Manuel Antonio to San Jose
- Meals as per itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch)
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Airport taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Optional or suggested services that are on your own
- Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks
- Souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the above itinerary are also not included
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note: optional activities can be paid for while in Costa Rica
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Always carry enough cash for the international airport departure taxes – approximately $29
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Tour departs from the Juan Santamar?a International Airport (San Jose)
Coincides with your arrival flight All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
8 days (approx.)
Returns to original departure point