Experience Sarapiqui River?s white-water rapids on a thrilling half-day rafting trip. After a safety tutorial at La Virgen Bridge, get underway with a skilled guide and navigate class-II and -III rapids on a 9-mile (13-kilometer) journey. Watch for monkeys, toucans, and other tropical wildlife as you ride downriver. Then, enjoy an ice-cold beer or juice upon arrival at the take-out point.
- Experience an action-packed, white-water adventure down the Sarapiqui River
- Navigate exciting class-II and -III rapids with a guide on a half-day excursion
- Watch for Costa Rica?s celebrated wildlife along the riverbanks
- Cap off your rafting trip with a complimentary ice-cold beer or juice
What You Can Expect
Are you an adrenaline junkie who just wants the best of big water? If your time is limited or just want to sleep in then this is the perfect trip for you. This trip is action packed from start to finish and sure to get your adrenaline flowing.
We launch our boats near the? La Virgen Bridge on the Sarapiqui River and get off to an exciting start as we navigate the class II- III rapids including Superman, Confusion, ?Ay Carumba? ?and many more.? There Wave Rafting skilled guides will go over the safety procedures and prepare you for your paddling adventure. This lively, tropical river is bordered by lowland rainforest and features numerous class II-III rapids (medium size).?? The Sarapiqui river played an important role for the Spaniards to open an access route toward the San Juan River and access to the Caribbean and Nicaragua. Our rafting time runs between 1.5 and 2 hours on the river depending on water flow which changes daily.
Along the banks of the Sarapiqui River you will see spectacular foliage, so keep your eyes peeled between rapids for monkeys, toucans, and other tropical wildlife.? Once you reach the take-out point, you will be greeted with a cold beer (or juice) and dry towel before heading back to La Fortuna.? Wave rafting trip on the Sarapiqui is bound to be a highlight on your Costa Rican vacation.? Pura Vida!
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Equipment: Raft, Paddles, Rafting Vest and Helmet
- Alcoholic drinks
- Soft Drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and must be a minimum of 8 years old to take this tour
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet. Flip-flops are not allowed
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on the river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to book
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pick up at hotels in immediate La Fortuna area.? Additional charge for hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
4 hours (approx.)
Back to your place of pickup