Explore the forests of Arenal Volcano National Park on a 4-hour walking tour, with the option to soak away the afternoon in the park?s nearby thermal springs. Follow your guide between towering trees, and discover the devastation left by the powerful lava slides and volcanic activity. Enjoy views of Arenal volcano and the Tilar?n Range, and learn about the area?s nature, wildlife, and history. Finish the tour with a return to your hotel or visit the hot pools of your choice, where Costa Rica?s simmering geology creates a stunning natural spa.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
What You Can Expect
The best ViewPoint of Arenal During the hike, it is possible to see a great variety the area?s characteristic flora and fauna, as well as sites of interest like the impact craters and on to the Lava slides of 1992, a large accumulation of solidified volcanic material ejected from the crater of this might colossus, during the very active period of that year. On clear days, you will enjoy incredible views of the impressive Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake, the Tilar?n and mountain range.
Our nature guide will provide you with important and interesting information about the main characteristics of the volcano, which has been active since 1968 and many more details about all of the things you will encounter along the trail.
As an alternative, you can purchase entrance tickets with us to any of the different hot springs, according to your preference. We will drop you off there after the tour, so you can relax and we will pick you up a couple of hours later to take you back to your hotel.
- Visit areas were once devastated by the fury of the volcano
- Impact craters
- Lava slides of 1992, a large accumulation of solidified volcanic material
- Incredible views of Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake & Tilar?n mountain range.
- A complete explanation of history, active cycles and geological formation of Arenal Volcano.
- Upon request, visit the hot springs of your choice with lunch or dinner for an extra
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A small amount of walking is involved
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from your La Fortuna hotel. Pickups from hotels that are located too far from La Fortuna town or the main road near the volcano may have an extra charge.
8:00?am and?14:30 pm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
4 hours (approx.)