Break away from the typical tourist track to explore the majestic scenery around Arenal Volcano on a half-day bike tour from La Fortuna to the village of El Castillo. Pedal with a guide and the small group of fellow cyclists along Costa Rican country roads, passing through cattle ranches and tropical forests alive with the sounds of howler monkeys and toucans. Enjoy a picnic lunch on the shores of Lake Arenal, and cool off with a refreshing swim in this impressive man-made lagoon.
- Half-day bike tour from Arenal
- Cover around 16 miles (26 km) from Arenal to the village of El Castillo
- Get different views of amazing Arenal Volcano
- Refresh with a picnic and swim at Lake Arenal
- Great way to explore the wildlife and scenery of the lush La Fortuna area
- Small-group cycling tour for a more personalized experience
- Bike and helmet rental included
What You Can Expect
Be picked up from your Zone 1 and prepare for a wonderful bike riding experience from Arenal to El Castillo, approximately 16m (26km). Take the old road connecting Arenal Dam with the main entrance to Arenal Volcano National Park. Enjoy beautiful views of the National Park with Arenal Volcano in the background. Ride toward the village of El Castillo. Cycle along a quiet lane surrounded by dense forest and cattle farms. Catch a glimpse of the famous howling monkeys and birds, like toucans, egrets, and Kingfishers. Stop for a picnic lunch on the shore of Lake Arenal. Jump into the cool water of Lake Arenal.
Hop back onto your bike and begin your return. Take time along the way to admire the Arenal Volcano. Listen for volcanic activity during your ride.
Return to your hotel at the end of your tour.
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Zone 1 hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
La Fortuna hotels in Zone 1
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point