Your certified surf instructor will coach you step by step on how to stand up on a surfboard and start flying on water! We will customize your Tamarindo surf lesson will focus on the following techniques:
- Paddling Popping up
- Board Position
- Reading Waves
Guaranteed to get up on a wave in your lesson or your second lesson is free! Your lesson will be with a small group, no more than 4 people per instructor, or take a private lesson, an instructor for you and your group only.
What You Can Expect
You will meet with your instructor and be given a rashguard and Surfboard.? After practicing popping up on the board on land, you will learn to paddle out into the waves!? Your instructor will help you catch the waves while you paddle coach you through standing up on the board.? After you get?accustomed to getting up on the board, you will focus more on your stance and balance on the board as you fly over the water!
Tamarindo, Costa Rica is a world-renowned surf location, made famous for the movie The Endless Summer. There are almost always great waves, but not too big, perfect for learning to surf. Whether this is your first time on a surfboard or you have some experience and want to work on your technique, our lessons are guaranteed to improve your skills. Our 2-hour lessons are taught by locals that have been surfing in Costa Rica for nearly their entire lives, so you will get the best insight there is in Tamarindo.
The first lesson will focus on paddling, popping up, board position, stance, safety, reading waves, and etiquette.
Surf Lesson is dependent on the tide, your time and meeting place will be given in your confirmation.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Certified Surf Instructor
- Rashguard Use
- Surfboard Use
- Pick up and Drop off from Tamarindo and Langosta Beach Condos, Houses, and Hotels
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off – we pick up from the following areas for a surcharge
- JW Marriott, Playa Grande, Playa Conchal, Playa Flamingo ($60 extra)
- Hotel RIU Guanacaste, RIU Palace, Playa Ocotal, Playas del Coco, Playa Hermosa, Occidental Papagayo, Secrets Papagayo, Mangrove ($100 extra)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A small amount of walking is involved
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Native’s Way Office,
- Surf Lesson Time is dependent on the high tide and will be given to you shortly after confirmation.
- If you need Hotel to pick up and drop off, you pick up time will be given shortly after confirmation with the balance due for the transportation costs.
2 hours (approx.)