Hike through one of the world’s richest pockets of rainforest on this bird watching tour in the San Gerardo Biological Station. Trek with a guide for roughly two hours, looking out for birds and other wildlife along the way, and then enjoy free time relaxing or exploring the nature and exhibits in the heart of the park before the return hike.
- Bird watching hike at San Gerardo Reserve
- Walk through a part of Costa Rica renowned for its biodiversity along with a guide
- Spot diverse birds, including opportunities to see the rare umbrellabird, with the help of your guide
- Enjoy free time at the heart of the reserve before your return hike
- Lunch included
What You Can Expect
You will meet your guide at about 7:30 am at the San Gerardo?trailhead, located at the Santa Elena Reserve.?Your hike in is about 1.5-2 hours, mostly down in inclination.?Once at the station, enjoy a guided tour by your naturalist guide on one of the many trails there.
Enjoy lunch at the station.? You might run into other travelers, researchers, students or local families.?After lunch, you can take another walk with or without your guide, visit the wonderful hammocks, take some awesome pictures of Arenal volcano (if not cloudy!), or learn more about the area?through the information inside the station.
Depart with your guide by 3 pm at the latest, for your 2hr hike back to the Monteverde area.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not recommended for children aged 12 and under
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Santa Elena Preserve Entrance
Valid from the time of first use, for the duration selected.
10 hours (approx.)