Hike through Tenorio Volcano National Park’s remarkable landscape and see the otherworldly blue of the Rio Celeste waterfall on a full-day trip from La Fortuna. Follow your guide on a 4.3-mile (7-km) trail into the forest, watch for the monkeys and birds as you stroll past a serene lagoon, and take in views of the imposing Tenorio Volcano. Visit the park?s boiling mud pits and brightly colored jungle waterways, then enjoy a full lunch in the park before returning to your hotel.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Instant Confirmation
What You Can Expect
A circuit trail of 7 km will take us through the forest, to various interesting places, starting with magical Rio Celeste Waterfall, the blue lagoon, a stretch of the calm river that makes a beautiful natural lagoon, followed by the observation deck of the Tenorio Volcano, which offers incredible views of the volcano and the surrounding mountains. Next, come two more unbelievable attractions: ?Las Ollas? which are fumaroles filled with boiling mud and finally the ?Te?ideros? or Dyers, which is the place where the river acquires it unique color due to a natural chemical reaction.
On the way back we will continue to walk alongside the riverbank, admiring the bubbling waters, the natural hot springs and the incredible scenery that envelopes us. The final highlight of our visit to one of the most popular attractions in Costa Rica will be a delicious hot lunch, before driving back to your hotel.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- A good physical condition is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from your La Fortuna hotel. Pickups from hotels that are located too far from La Fortuna or the main road near the volcano may have an extra charge.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
9 hours (approx.)