Explore the northern side of Rincon de la Vieja on this incredible tour that showcases some of Costa Rica’s most impressive natural wonders. Journey into the rainforest, dip your toes in blue rivers and relax in natural hot springs on this truly eco-adventure. You’ll see cascading waterfalls, savor a traditional lunch, unwind in a natural mud bath and learn about flora on a visit to the botanical gardens, complete with a colorful butterfly farm. If you love nature and enjoy spending time outdoors, this is the perfect trip for you!
- Family friendly
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
What You Can Expect
Be picked up from hotels in or around Liberia in the early morning and be transported to a lush rainforest on the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano. Upon arriving at the resort, have a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change clothing in preparation for your first adventure.
Depart for a short drive to the private, Blue River Park for dips in the Grand Waterfall. Then, hike along forest trails, creeks and cascading waterfalls with opportunities for dips in the mineral pools. Be amazed by the beauty, the tropical rainforest, and colorful birds. Then, descend toward the incomparable blue river, Rio P?njamo.
Have a delightful lunch at Blue River Resort and Hot Springs (included).
After lunch, you may choose to swim, slide and soak in five large pools, four of them being unique large natural mineral green hot springs, and one of them being a freshwater pool with a bullet waterslide. Walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caimon Lake and Bird Lake. Experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho. Take a natural mud bath between hot springs and freshwater river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek, all within the botanical gardens. See the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees centigrade. Visit miniature horses and donkeys, unwind some more, with a spa treatment (not included) at the full-service spa, or try to fit all of it in. Depart at 4:00 pm and head back to your Liberia accommodations.
- All taxes and entrance fees
- Fixed lunch
- All activities
- Bilingual guide, English and Spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Locker and changing room
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Tiki Bar & Restaurant)
- Food and beverages, beyond what is included
- Spa Treatments
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Sunblock, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative if known in advance and an alternative if learned on the route.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (along paths created in forest and down dirt stairs)
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your Tamarindo, Pinilla, Concha or Coco Beach hotel
6 am – 7 am: Tamarindo, Pinilla or Conchal
8:20 am: Coco Beach
9 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point