- The Braulio Carrillo National Park has two sectors of public use: Quebrada Gonz?lez and Volc?n Barva, in which facilities are provided for visitors.
- On the road San Jos? to Gu?piles you will be able to observe the scenic beauty of the Braulio Carrillo National Park, where we recommend you visit the Quebrada Gonz?lez Station, which has three trails through the rainforest.
- These trails have interpretive stations and panoramic viewpoints: Las Palmas with a distance of 1.5 km; El Ceibo with 1 km of a route and the Botarrama of 2,5 km of distance; Also you can enjoy the lookout to Rio Sucio.
- In the Barva Volcano sector, you will find four trails: Cacho Venado, Laguna Barva, Copey and Mirador Vara Blanca, with a total distance of 10 km and where you will enjoy the different types of forest that the site offers visitors.
What You Can Expect
- The park is located on the Cordillera Volc?nica Central?(Central mountain range) between?San Jos? city?and?Puerto Lim?n?on the Caribbean.
- The park was named in honor of former Costa Rican president?Braulio Carrillo, whose administration had helped foster the nation’s early agricultural economy and had built the first road linking San Jos? to the?Caribbean?coast.
- In general, the Braulio Carrillo National Park has a vegetation of evergreen forest of great density and floristic complexity. Most of the park is covered by a primary forest.
- It is significant for its biodiversity with 600 identified species of trees, over 530 species of birds, and 135 species of mammals already cataloged.
- The park presents a great diversity of fauna where the rich avifauna represented by 515 species of birds between residents and migrants stands out.
- Ranging from high-altitude?cloud forests?to lowlands?tropical rainforest, it has one of the highest levels of?biodiversity?in Costa Rica.
- Admission ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
- Costa Rica Groups Travel Company (if option selected)
- Hotels in San Jos? Downtown (if option selected) – Selected hotels only*
2 hours (approx.)