Treat your taste buds to a sampling of Costa Rica?s famed coffee paired with gourmet chocolate on this half-day tour of the Caf? Britt coffee plantation. See firsthand how this sustainable, gourmet producer grows, harvests, and roasts coffee beans to create the perfect aromatic cup. Visit the on-site coffee bar to taste several of Caf? Britt?s different roasts, accompanied by chocolate. Round out the day with a farm-fresh buffet lunch of traditional Costa Rican cuisine at the plantation restaurant.
- 4-hour trip to the Caf? Britt coffee farm and factory
- See how gourmet coffee beans are grown and harvested on a sustainable plantation
- Gain insight into how beans are roasted, packaged and graded into various levels of quality
- Sample three coffees, accompanied by chocolate
- Learn about the history and culture of coffee in Costa Rica
- Lunch and round-trip air-conditioned minivan transport from most San Jose hotels included
What You Can Expect
Costa Rica’s climate and mineral-rich volcanic soil help produce excellent coffee favored around the globe. Your caffeinated tour begins with pickup at your San Jose hotel in the morning, followed by a short, scenic drive to the charming town of Barva de Heredia. This is the?home of Caf? Britt, the first gourmet coffee producer in Costa Rica.
Start the morning off right with tastings of two different estate coffees paired with chocolate bites. Embark on a 1.5-hour tour to learn about the history of coffee growing in Costa Rica and hear from experts how the best beans make the journey from earth to the cup. Visit the roastery for an insider?s look at how beans are carefully roasted to bring out their flavor and then packaged and shipped to coffee lovers all around the world.
After your tour, savor a buffet lunch of locally sourced dishes at the on-site restaurant, surrounded by lovely garden scenery. Round out your meal with a hot beverage of your choice from Caf? Britt?s coffee bar, paired with more delicious chocolate.
You?ll have a chance to browse the factory store and purchase a bag or two of beans to take home before the return drive to San Jose.
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Coffee plantation tour
- Buffet lunch
- Coffee and chocolate samples
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear long pants, comfortable shoes and bring a jacket and a camera
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from San Jose hotels
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point