Selvatura Park offers one of the largest butterfly gardens in the Americas, with an area of 300 feet long by 90 feet wide and 50 feet tall, a great dome structure covered by a special structure that helps control the temperature inside the garden, which enables our garden to host more than 30 different species of butterflies from different altitudes and climates found throughout Costa Rica.
While enjoying the lush gardens and close contact with our large butterfly population. Our specialized guides offer an interesting tour that answers most questions regarding these beautiful creatures and their life cycles and individual habits as well as curious facts.
Daily 365 days of the year, 8:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 2:30 pm.
This tour lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- Adults: $15.00
- Students under 18: $15.00
- Children (4-12): $15.00
- Locals(all ages): $15.00
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothes.
- This is a high humidity warm environment so it is recommended to bring a cleaning cloth for lenses or glasses.
- Rain gear (if weather requires).
- Insect repellant.
- Binoculars and cameras.
- Cancellations must be made in writing by sending them to our mailing firstname.lastname@example.org reservations.
- Cancellations made at least two days before the completion of the tour will be refunded 100%.
- Cancellations made the same day and no-shows are non-refundable.
- Children can participate in all tours.
- Infants under 4 are free (but can not do the canopy tour).
- Children are defined as from 4 to 12 years old.