Venture to Costa Rica’s northern border for a canoe or kayak tour through the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge. Grab a paddle and follow an expert guide as you explore wildlife-rich canals and wetlands that are homes to animals like white-faced monkeys, caimans, turtles, and the ancient Jesus Christ lizards. Breakfast and lunch are included to keep you energized on this full-day Costa Rican safari.
- Full-day tour to the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge from La Fortuna
- Visit a national wildlife sanctuary just south of the Nicaraguan border
- Paddle through protected wetlands in a kayak or canoe
- Look for native wildlife like monkeys, caimans, turtles, birds, and even freshwater sharks
- Includes a typical Costa Rican breakfast and lunch
- Great way to experience a northern Costa Rican highlight in one day
What Can You Expect
Get picked up at your hotel for an early morning drive of around 2 hours to Caño Negro, which is at the border with Nicaragua. Caño Negro is home to a wide variety of aquatic birds and other animal species, inclusive of the Gaspar fish, turtles, white-faced monkeys, caimans and even Jesus Christ lizards, a remnant of the prehistoric age that thrives in these wetlands. It also may just be your lucky day to see the fin of a freshwater shark as it glides to the surface of the water.
Passage through this region is by kayak or canoe and transfers between the hotel and the tour site are also included.
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in La Fortuna
14 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point