Take a break from the beach for a different kind of fun in Jaco with this action-packed canyoning adventure. Soar through the rainforest on zip lines, rappel down tropical waterfalls, and scramble down a rocky riverbed. No experience is required, as expert guides are on hand to ensure a safe and unforgettable romp through Costa Rica?s natural playground.
- Half-day canyoning adventure from Jaco
- Spot native wildlife like monkeys and scarlet macaws on a rainforest hike
- Soar through the canyon on a series of zip lines
- Rappel down four tropical waterfalls
- Slide and climb down a river
- Stay safe with expert guides and top-of-the-line equipment
- No experience necessary
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
What You Can Expect
Choose a morning or afternoon tour, and meet your expert guides at an office in central Jaco. Take a quick 15-minute ride to base camp at a gorgeous 800-acre (324-hectare) property, and then get ready for the adventure with provided Certified Black Diamond gear and a safety briefing. A hike of 20 to 30 minutes takes you into the canyon, with the opportunity to see monkeys, toucans, scarlet macaws, and other wildlife along the way.
Jump-start the action with a zip line flight that lands on a platform perched above a 300-foot (91-meter) waterfall. Clip on to a rope and, with the help of your guide, rappel down a series of four different waterfalls ranging from 70-90 feet (21-27 meters) in height. Not to worry if you’ve never rappelled before ? it?s a skill that most people can pick up quickly with a bit of expert instruction. Yes, you will get wet!
Next, down-climb the river, scrambling over rocks and boulders to reconnect with the trail. Exit the canyon the fun and fast way on a pair of super ziplines, the longest of which stretches more than 2,000 feet (610 meters). Reward your efforts with a fresh fruit snack and beverage before the return ride to Jaco.
- Transportation to Basecamp
- Professional English Speaking Guides
- Certified Black Diamond Gear
- Entrance Fees
- Breakfast for morning tour and lunch for an afternoon tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
What to Bring:
- Shoes or Strap-on sandals. No Flip-Flops
- All passenger weights must be advised at time of booking for harness fitting
- Bug Spray
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
All tours will depart from our office in Jaco, Costa Rica
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
4 hours 30 minutes (approx.)
Returns to original departure point