Visit a lush primary rainforest with a full-day tour of Cinco Ceibas from San Jose, and experience one of Costa Rica?s most remarkable landscapes. Meet an air-conditioned bus at your San Jose hotel, then watch for brilliant birds and blooming plants as you stroll a boardwalk through the heart of the jungle. Enjoy lunch at the reserve before spending an afternoon exploring; ride a horse along the forest?s edge, paddle a kayak down the Rio Cuarto or take an educational tour of the property in a traditional oxcart.
- A close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Lunch included
- Fully narrated tour
What You Can Expect
Your tour begins with a hotel pickup from centrally located hotels in San Jose. Board a vehicle and head to Cinco Ceibas to enjoy a Boardwalk Tour. Once at the reserve, a colorful Cinco Ceibas bus will take you from the visitor’s center to the elevated rainforest boardwalk to enjoy a self-guided tour. Your expert guide and driver will explain the reforestation efforts and history of the working farm at Finca Pangola.
The boardwalk, which is wheelchair accessible, is through a lowland flood zone tropical rainforest that host tremendous biodiversity. Many birds, plants, and animals can be observed as you walk along. When you have finished exploring, you will be taken by bus back to the visitor’s center for your next activity.
You can then choose to take part in one of the following optional activities:
Head to the kayak house and enjoy a safety briefing before getting ready to go. Choose a single or double sit-on kayak and then head to the Rio Cuarto, a slow-moving river that meanders through the forest. After 1.5 hours of paddling along, you will end back at the kayak house where you will have the opportunity to shower and relax.
Ox Cart Tour:
A comfortable oxen wagon will take you on an educational tour, where you will be pulled by Flaco and Gordo. Along the way, staff members will educate you about Finca Pangola, reforestation, heliconia production, orchids, and a host of other exciting facts. Learn about reforestation, fruit trees, banana and papaya cultivation, and tropical flower production. The tour will also make a stop at the nursery to provide you with a closer look.
Horseback Riding Tour:
Drive on a bus to the horse stables, where you will receive safety instructions and a helmet. Depending on your size and weight, the horse guide will choose a horse for you. Then ride through pastures where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the volcanoes in the distance and the Chaperon Mountains closer by. Meander through the reforestation and eventually along the jungle on the border of the Rio Cuarto.
After a wonderful full-day adventure, you will be taken back to your San Jose hotel.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Lunch at Cinco Ceibas
- Walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Breakfast Not Included
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Note: For horseback riding the minimum age is 7 years; maximum weight is 100kgs/220lbs. For kayaking, the minimum age is 12 (6 if accompanied by an adult); maximum weight is 125kgs/275lbs
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Centrally located San Jose hotels