Navigate 38 Class III-IV rapids on this white-water rafting course down the Pacuare River from San Jose. Paddle your way through one of Costa Rica’s most picturesque river gorges, looking out for native wildlife?between rapid runs, on an exciting day trip ideal for?teenagers and adults alike. Hotel pickup and drop-off, equipment, and lunch are included.
- A white-water rafting trip down the Pacuare River from San Jose
- Navigate 38 Class III-IV rapids along with your guide
- Opportunities to see diverse wildlife in its natural habitat
- Take in views of the picturesque river canyon from the waters themselves
- See parts of Costa Rica that are inaccessible by car
- Lunch included
- All equipment included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
After pickup at your hotel at 6:00 am in downtown San Jose, enjoy the scenic drive to the Pacuare River. Upon arrival at the rafting departure point, the guide will brief you on safety and indications to follow in the event you fall into the river. After stepping into the raft and once everyone is ready, begin the class III-IV rapids excursion. Being a true river gorge, you’ll see that it is flanked by steep green walls. Watch waterfalls cascade into the river from both sides as colorful tropical birds fly overhead. Wildlife is abundant, so you may encounter sloths, toucans, parrots, coatis, butterflies, and colorful frogs during your 4-hour descent. Feel the excitement as the whitewater rapids crash upon your raft as you descend down the river featuring 38 rapids along an 18-mi/30-km stretch, making it a most memorable trip.
Enjoy a stop for a buffet-style lunch at the most beautiful beach along the river. Afterward, continue on the raft downstream and finish in Siquirres at the private Exploration Center. Here, you’ll be able to take a shower, change clothes, enjoy a cold beverage, view photos taken of your trip (available for purchase) and reflect with your new friends about the great adventure you just shared.
Finally, board your awaiting vehicle and return to your hotel in San Jose.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- All passenger heights and weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Difficulty: Class III-IV
- Distance: 18mi (30km)
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase
- You must be 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel
- What to bring: Come with rafting clothes on (light shoes that will stay on, swimsuit, shorts, nylon shirt), sunscreen, water bottle, change of clothes, towel, insect repellent, some money for personal expenses.
- Luggage/bags will be kept in lockers
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- IMPORTANT: A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pickup from the following hotels in downtown San Jose:
- Intercontinental 5:50am
- Real Quality 5:50 am
- Sheraton 5:50 am
- Holiday Inn Escazu 5:50 am
- Courtyard Marriott Escazu 5:50 am
- Residence Inn 5:50 am
- Forum Antiguo Indigo 5:50 am
- Holiday Inn Express 5:40 am
- Hampton Inn 5:40 am
- Cariari Double Tree 5:50 am
- Herradura 5:50 am
- Country Inn 5:50 am
- ?Irazu 6:10 am
- San Jose Palacio 6:10 am
- Apartotel La Sabana 6:10 am
- Hilton Garden La Sabana 6:10 am
- Tryp Sabana 6:10 am
- Grano de Oro 6:15 am
- Gran Hotel CR 6:20 am
- Balmoral 6:25 am
- Presidente 6:25am
- Apartotel Los Yoses 6:20 am
- Radisson 6:35 am
Between 5:40 am and 6:35 am, depending on hotel location.
11 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point at approximately 5:00 pm