Navigate the white water and challenging rapids of the Balsa River on a rafting trip from La Fortuna that?s suitable for all experience levels. Suit up, cast off and paddle alongside your guides, then watch for the monkeys, sloths, iguanas, and birds that congregate at the water?s edge. Splash your way through Class II?III rapids, enjoy lunch on the river and take in the serenity of flat water between the waves before finishing your day with a return transfer to La Fortuna.
- A close encounter with wildlife
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
What You Can Expect
Our experienced, professional bilingual guides will give a safety speech and instruction for adventure on the river, then we will equip you up with life jackets, helmets and ready for fun!
There are many possibilities to see at a lot of wildlife, including monkeys, iguanas, sloths and many tropical birds such as ospreys, hawks, kingfishers, Orioles, and toucans.
Definitely, a unique day to combine adventure and nature.
We have a saying in: Just live it!
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Use of helmet
- All equipment
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Water shoes needed
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Selected hotels in La Fortuna
From Tabac?n Resort at 10:30 am
From Arenal Nayara at 10:45 am
From La Fortuna area at 11 am
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Original departure point