Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park to the Pozo Verde Lagoon, located inside the crater of a dormant volcano just 1.5 hours from La Fortuna. This 9-hour day trip includes round-trip transportation from La Fortuna, a guided 4-hour hike up a volcano, and a delicious lunch to refuel at the end of a long day.
- Hike through the cloud forest at Juan Castro Blanco National Park en route to the Pozo Verde Lagoon
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rica?s pristine wilderness as you trek through a primary growth forest known for its biodiversity
- Hike led by a guide with extensive knowledge about local wildlife
- Typical Costa Rican lunch and cloud forest coffee included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off via air-conditioned minivan included
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide at your centrally located accommodation in La Fortuna for a 9-hour excursion to Juan Castro Blanco National Park. Hop into your air-conditioned minivan with onboard Wi-Fi and drive for roughly 1.5 hours?through the plains of San Carlos until you reach the park, which stands 7,217 feet (2,200 meters) above sea level.
Lace up your boots and begin your 4-hour hike to the Pozo Verde Lagoon, located inside the crater of a dormant volcano. Walk through the cloud forest at a comfortable pace determined by your group along with a 3-mile (5-km) trail, winding past ancient trees, lines of leaf-cutter ants, and freshwater streams in a primary growth forest. Keep your eyes peeled for sightings of wild animals in their natural habitat, such as the brightly colored Resplendent Quetzal common to the area.
At the end of the hike, refuel with a typical Costa Rican lunch and cloud forest coffee before your guide brings you back to your hotel.
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled mineral water
- Energizing Snacks
- Professional guide
- Walking Sticks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi Exclusions Gratuities (recommended) Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not recommended for child aged 7?and under
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum age is 8 years
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from your La Fortuna hotel. Pickups from hotels that are located too far from La Fortuna or the main road near the volcano may have an extra charge.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
9 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point