A large port city on Costa Rica?s Caribbean coast, Puerto Limon is known for its booming fruit-growing industry and rich jungle wildlife. Experience the city?s highlights on this combo tour, which allows you to walk through the forest, see Puerto Limon?s canals, and explore the city?s fruit and coffee scene. Your guide provides transportation via air-conditioned minivan, so you can relax and enjoy Puerto Limon?s culture and scenery.
- Walk through La Jungle Trail and admire native flora and fauna
- Tour the city and visit a picturesque viewpoint
- Stop at a local fruit stand and shop for coffee
- Small-group tour limited to 15 travelers for a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
La Jungle Trail offers a 1 km trek through a secondary forest offering beautiful landscapes, various flora and fauna, and including many opportunities to see the remarkably fascinating different frog species of Costa Rica, for example, the red dart frog (dendrobatids pumillo). Inside the trail, among the abundant fauna visitors may witness the 3 toed sloths and see the different species of birds: Toucans, Oropendola, Tanagers, Hummingbirds, kiskidees and much more, squirrels, and the majestic butterflies that swarm through the trail. The creeks which appear during the trail, add a crisp freshness to the air, yet more importantly, enable the reproduction of many of the organisms living there. For example, these creeks create the perfect atmosphere for the various types of frogs you will encounter, allowing the perfect place for egg laying. You will witness the beautiful flora, such as the ep?fites, orchids, and bromeliads as well as other ground level plants with various sized leaves appearing in their plenty. The different species of trees ranging from young to old, small to large, serve as homes to many of the creatures being large mammals to tiny insects. These trees as you will witness are also adorned by the lianas that hang from the branches.
- Local guide
- Port pickup
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart – no casual clothes (i.e. jeans, sportswear, joggers or sneakers)
- Minimum numbers apply: a minimum of 4 passengers are required to run this tour
- Minimum age is 5
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Additional details
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Walk the entire Terminal
- We will be standing by the wire fence by the street holding up a sign with your name.”
- In order to make your trip as efficient as possible, please arrive at the gate 1 hour after arrival time. among the first ones to depart the cruise ship.
5 hours (approx.)