Spend an afternoon eating farm-fresh food in a cloud forest with this guided cultural tour from San Jose. Tour the grounds of a traditional farm to see a strawberry plantation, cattle farm, and cheese factory, and then enjoy a lunch made with farm-to-table ingredients right on the grounds. This trip is a great way to get out of San Jose for a few hours and learn about the Costa Rican countryside.
- Food and culture tour from San Jose
- Visit a traditional farm in rural Costa Rica
- Learn about cheese, cattle, and strawberry production
- Farm-fresh lunch onsite is included
What You Can Expect
Your 3-hour tour after hotel pick-up takes two hours, on a walk through the farm boundaries with incredible views and rural landscapes. Start the first of different stations called Rural setting, an explanation of the rural customs and traditions, as well an overview of local and farm activity. Continue to the Viewpoint of the Colossus. Without a doubt, this is the place to take pictures of the volcano.
The tour continues and becomes more ecological, as the station, called House of the Birds, is an ideal place for observing and listening to birds of all colors. It is also the prelude to discussing the nature of the area as it connects with the station Forest Trail, which invites you to enter a path of 300 meters on a secondary cloud forest.
Continuing the hike at the lake of the Grandfather, a small lake surrounded by forest.
At the strawberries field, be amazed walking among fields, collecting and eating, while your local guide explains every detail of this well-known fruit.
Your incredible journey continues at the Milking Stall, where each person is able to touch and milk the cows as well as take pictures. After milking head to the cheese tour in our Factory of Artisan Cheese, an opportunity to see the entire process and learn about the culture of cheese, and taste and tries all the products.
Have lunch according to tour time, before or after your visits approximately one hour within the tour.
- Walking tour
- Admission ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A minimum of 3?people per booking is required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase.
- You must be ready 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel.
- What to bring: raincoat or sweater, comfortable shoes, and a camera
- IMPORTANT:?If you do not have the three?passengers at least, the tour is canceled.
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your hotels in downtown San Jos?
3 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point