Experience the ?pura vida? of Costa Rica?s traditional farming lifestyle with this half-day nature and agriculture tour. Look for native wildlife like morpho butterflies and anteaters on a trek through a private rainforest reserve, and then tour fields of banana, yucca, vanilla, and other crops at a family-run farm. Taste the bounty of the land with a farm-fresh lunch of local, organic products prepared on a wood-burning stove.
- Half-day farm tour with lunch from La Fortuna
- Spot native wildlife on nature walk through a private rainforest reserve
- Learn about traditional production methods on a tour of a family-run farm
- See fertile plantations of banana, cacao, corn, and other crops
- Includes a fresh Costa Rican lunch prepared on a wood-burning stove
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
What You Can Expect
After morning or afternoon pickup at your La Fortuna hotel, travel about 35 minutes to reach a protected patch of rainforest in La Tigra, San Carlos. Designated for reforestation, this land near the large mountainous reserve of the Children?s Eternal?Rainforest is rich with flora and fauna. Walk along a short nature trail to observe native wildlife such as anteaters, coati, morpho butterflies, and several bird species like the ground-dwelling tinamu. Next, visit the adjacent Mendez Family Farm, where you?ll meet the family owners and get a first-hand account of life on a traditional Costa Rican Campesino, or farm. Learn about farming customs and production methods, and then take a tour of fertile plantations boasting crops like yucca, banana, cacao, black pepper, corn, and vanilla. After following the journey of this product from planting to harvest, taste the finished products for yourself with a farm-fresh lunch centered around organic products grown right on the land and prepared on a traditional wood-burning stove. With a satisfied stomach, say farewell to your hosts and relax on the return ride to your La Fortuna hotel.
- Traditional Costa Rican lunch
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What’s this? Local operator information Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
We’re sorry, this tour or activity is not available at this time. Please check back later.
Departs from your La Fortuna hotel. Pickups from hotels that are located too far from La Fortuna town or the main road near the volcano may have an extra charge.
9:00 am and 12:00 pm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
5 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point