Make the most of your Costa Rican vacation with a packed day exploring the country?s natural and cultural treasures. On this full-day tour from San Jose, sample Costa Rica?s favorite drink during a tour of the Doka Estate coffee plantation. Hike through the rainforest, and see the butterflies and hummingbirds at La Paz Waterfall Gardens. Breakfast and lunch are included.
- Full-day trip to various locations in Costa Rica from San Jose
- Explore one the world’s largest butterfly observatories at La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Tour Doka Estate’s coffee plantation and sample quality Costa Rican coffee
- Breakfast, lunch, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
After early morning pickup at your San Jose hotel in an air-conditioned coach, enjoy an onboard breakfast and steaming cup of Costa Rican coffee.
Continue on to the Doka Estate coffee plantation, where the same family has been growing and roasting coffee beans for generations. Tour the beautiful, 350-acre (141-hectare) estate, where rich volcanic soil makes an ideal growing coffee-growing climate. Learn how beans are cultivated, harvested, and roasted, and sample an aromatic cup of Doka?s signature brew.
After that, head to La Paz Waterfall Gardens, a private nature reserve that boasts miles of scenic hiking trails and more than 100 species of native wildlife housed in various habitats. Meet some of Costa Rica?s tiniest winged creatures at the Hummingbird Garden and Butterfly Observatory, and get an up-close encounter with reptilian residents at the frog exhibit and serpentarium. Soak up the lush tropical scenery with a riverside hike, stopping at one of the many waterfalls along the way.
Break for a lunch of traditional Costa Rican cuisine before driving back to San Jose, where you?ll be dropped off back at your hotel in the afternoon.
- Entrance Fees
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note: there are some stairs leading back from the waterfall which is steep and can be slippery at times
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Tour departs from all major hotels in San Jose, Costa Rica
Hotel pick up?between 5:45 am and 7:10 am (please contact the tour operator for a specific pick up time, it will depend on hotel location).
10 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point?between 4 pm and 6:30 pm (depending on hotel location)