With a visit to El Viejo you?ll be able to:
SEE the folkloric dancers
TASTE typical Guanacaste food
HEAR the marimba band
WATCH bull riding
What You Can Expect
What?does the day look like?
Remembering the old traditions from 150 years ago, the tour begins at the ?Trapiche? (mill) where the sugar cane is pressed with the help of an ox turning the mill press and extracting the juice from the cane. Then enjoy some taste testing of different sugar products.
Casa Del Sabanero (Farm House):
Visit a typical farmhouse and learn how to make and then taste some favorite traditional Guanacaste foods.
Even try your hand at making a tortilla under the guidance of the local cook.
A Taste of Guanacaste:
While the?marimba band plays in the background you?ll taste various??Tico? delights like??patacones?,??picadillo? ‘pinchos??and more. ?Served with fresh fruit beverages. ?Fill your belly?because it?s just beginning!
As you take your seats around the corral, be prepared for the party. ?Festively dressed folkloric dancers will perform?various dances for you?alternately with real bull riding. ?It doesn?t?get?more Tico than this! ?Before you go, try an ice shaved??Copa? snow cone.
Departure Time: From Tamarindo at 1:30 p.m.
Return Time: Approximately 6:30 pm.
Travel Time: Approximately 1.25 hours.
What to Wear: Shorts, a hat, sunglasses, sensible shoes
What to Bring: Sunscreen, mosquito repellent and camera
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned transportation
- English & Spanish speaking guide
- Admission Fees
- Welcome drink
- Typical Guancastecan snacks
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Admission ticket
- All activities
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- A minimum of 4?people per booking is required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A small amount of walking is involved
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Tamarindo and area departures
6 hours (approx.)