While many visitors rush through San Jose, there’s so much to explore in Costa Rica’s capital. See the city?s best on a guided tour that introduces you to local history and culture, from ancient artifacts at the Precolumbian Gold Museum to modern paintings at the Costa Rican Art Museum and the splendor of the National Theater. Pick up some handmade souvenirs at a craft market, and get an overview of authentic Costa Rican cuisine with lunch at a restaurant.
- Get a local perspective on Costa Rica’s largest city
- Visit art museums and admire the National Theater, an architectural treasure
- Enrich your trip by learning about Costa Rican history, from ancient times to the modern day
- Taste Costa Rican flavors with lunch at an authentic restaurant
What You Can Expect
Start the day with a pickup at approximately 8:30 am from your San Jose, Alajuela or Heredia hotel. From the comfort of the minivan, you will enjoy the scenic views of? San Jos?. During the drive, your English-speaking guide will tell you about the places you will see in the way, starting with the Costa Rican Art Museum in La Sabana. After, head to the heart of downtown, with visits to the National Theater, the Precolumbian Gold Museum and the Artesany Crafts Market for a bit of souvenir shopping. After shopping, enjoy lunch in the restaurant Nuestra Tierra, with some Costa Rican cultural?foods.
After your dining experience, you may relax and enjoy the ride as you will be transported back to your hotel.
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pickup at any hotel in San Jose, Alajuela or Heredia downtown
8 hours (approx.)