Discover the hidden wonders of Costa Rica?s delicate ?floating ecosystem? with a boat tour of the Damas Island mangroves from Quepos. Glide through a serene estuary while a naturalist guide points out the mangroves? fascinating features and helps you spot local wildlife like crocodiles, sloths, egrets, and white-faced monkeys. After the boat ride, get a taste of local flavor with included lunch at an authentic restaurant.
- Boat tour of the Damas Island mangroves from Quepos
- Explore one of Costa Rica’s most unusual ecosystems
- Learn about the delicate root structures of the mangroves while gliding through a peaceful estuary
- Spot native wildlife such as crocodiles, egrets, and monkeys
- Includes a traditional Costa Rican lunch at a local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Quepos or Manual Antonio included
What You Can Expect
After pickup at your Quepos or Manuel Antonio hotel, travel to the launch point along the fingers of the Damas Island estuary and climb aboard an open-air riverboat. Connect with your inner naturalist as a guide acquaints you with the fascinating lifecycle of the surrounding mangroves ? a tropical ecosystem made of complex root structures that sprout directly out of the salty water.
The unusual vegetation is home to an array of wildlife, so keep your eyes open for sightings of sloths, egrets and other birds, caimans, crocodiles, and boas. Troops of white-face monkeys are also known to swing through the mangrove trees and occasionally make a stopover on boats!
At the end of the relaxed boat tour, step back on solid ground and chat with fellow travelers over a typical Costa Rican lunch at the well-known restaurant frequented by locals. The 5-hour tour concludes with drop-off back at your hotel.
- Tour guide
- Admission Fees
- Lunch or Dinner (Depending on Tour Time)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- It is recommended that you bring light clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, suntan lotion, and a camera
- Minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to run; if the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled. Tour departure varies according to the tide. The tour operator will contact the guests directly in order to advise them of the departure time.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Centrally hotels located in Manuel Antonio and Quepos area
Depends on the tide of the day
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
5 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point