This well-rounded tour is the perfect way for nature lovers to experience the best of Costa Rica’s outdoor beauty. Enjoy a scenic boated on the Rio Frio with departure near the border of Nicaragua. Cruise through the Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge and see the incredible biodiversity that makes this nation so unique. You’ll have up-close encounters with birds, snakes, herons, and other animals, as well as various species of monkeys and sloths.
- Day Trip to Ca?o Negro Experience one of the nation’s most biologically diverse wildlife reserves
- Spend a day having up-close encounters with nature
- Enjoy expert commentary from a professional guide
- Round-trip hotel transport and lunch included
What You Can Expect
Nature lovers will enjoy a day traveling along the Rio Frio in the Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge–widely considered one of the most biologically diverse parts of Costa Rica. You’ll see migratory birds, a variety of monkey species, lizards and more.
Your friendly driver will collect you from your hotel and transport you in air-conditioned comfort to Los Chiles, about 1.5 hours away. This dynamic village near the Nicaraguan border is the starting point for your river exploration. The 2.5-hour floating safari through the tropical rainforest is led by a professional bilingual guide who will point out colorful bird species, a variety of monkeys and other wildlife unique to the area. After seeing one of the nation’s most biologically diverse environments, you’ll settle in for a traditional lunch that includes local coffee, fresh fruit and natural juices at the Rio Frio Restaurant.
- Bottled water
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- River cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Binoculars and camera suggested
- Sun lotion
- Mosquito repellent
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Centrally located La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano Hotels.
8 hours (approx.)