See some of Costa Rica?s most famous cultural and natural attractions in a single day on this guided tour from San Jose. Travel quickly and hassle-free with a guide who will take you to must-see spots such as the Cartago ruins, Madero Negro Reserve, Iraz? Volcano, and more.
- 12-hour guided tour of Costa Rica from San Jose
- See Costa Rica?s cultural and natural highlights in a single day
- Ideal for travelers short on time or want an overview of the country
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Typical breakfast and lunch included
What You Can Expect
After an early-morning pickup from your hotel in San Jose, hit the road and head off to some of Costa Rica?s most famous attractions, without the hassle of navigating transportation in a foreign country.
Visit the storied Cartago ruins, and then continue to Costa Rica?s natural attractions, including the Iraz? Volcano (which offers a view of both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans) and the Puerto Viejo and Sarapiqu? rivers. Board a boat for a 2-hour ride down the river, often featuring sightings of toucans, monkeys, sloths, crocodiles, and more along the banks of the rainforest.
Break for a home-style lunch at a family farm, and then hike down a nature trail with the option of branching off to view a butterfly garden, snake collection, or frog sanctuary.
Return to your hotel in San Jose at the end of the day, driving through Braulio Carrillo National Park for a final view of the wildlife.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Visit Iraz? Volcano.
- Coffee break.
- Visit to ?Las Ruinas de Cartago?.
- 1 ? hrs. Boat ride.
- ?Madero Negro? Private Reserve.
- Visit the Frog Sanctuary, Butterfly Garden, Snake collection.
- Transportation in air-conditioned buses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase.
- Please note that the hotel pickup might be 2 hours prior to the tour departure, depending on the location of your hotel.
- You must be ready 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel
- Bring a?raincoat, camera, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes, and hat
- IMPORTANT: A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your hotel in downtown San Jose
6 am Duration 12 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point