Costa Rica is famous for its rugged volcanic landscapes, rich biodiversity, and well-preserved colonial history. This tour allows you to experience all three highlights in a single day?while your guide navigates and drives, you can admire the steaming craters of Iraz? Volcano, visit the Virgin of the Angels Basilica in Cartago, stroll through Lankester Gardens, and see centuries-old colonial churches in the Orosi Valley.
- See Iraz? Volcano and visit historic colonial sites
- Visit Lankester Gardens, a center that protects over 800 plant species
- Easy round-trip transportation from San Jos? hotels
- Refuel with lunch at a local restaurant
What You Can Expect
First off, you will visit the impressive Iraz? Volcano. You will walk right up to the edge of the volcano?s craters and get to drink in the grandeur of the natural surroundings.
Afterward, you will descend to the city of Cartago and stop at the Virgin of the Angels Basilica (a famous Catholic pilgrimage site), with its large vaulted ceilings and exquisite examples of stained glass windows.
Next, you will visit Lankester Gardens, a center that protects over 800 species of plants. You will walk on trails through the gardens and get to admire some of Costa Rica?s rich flora.
For your final stop, you will head to Orosi Valley, where you will visit one of the few remaining authentic colonial churches in the country. Here you will enjoy a scrumptious traditional lunch at one of the local restaurants.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in San Jose
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
8 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point