If you dream about rafting on a wild tropical river with warm water, the celadon-colored Pacuare is a dream come true! Rated one of the top rivers in the world, you?ll experience the intimate nature of the rainforest as you raft right through it on 19 miles of Class III-IV whitewater. The warm water, cascading waterfalls, and opulently lush rainforest with its brilliantly colored plants, animals, and birds indulge your senses on every level.
What You Can Expect
The tour starts between 6:00 and 7:00 a.m when our microbuses pick up the adventurers in the main hotels of the metropolitan area.
A Costa Rican breakfast is offered at around 8:00 a.m. at Restaurante La Cocina de Tia Janeth in Turrialba.
Then we arrive at Tres Equis, Turrialba, a town where our guides wait for us with the equipment to start this wonderful adventure.
Each participant will receive a life jacket, a helmet, and a row. One of the guides will give a safety speech and a small practice before facing whitewater rafting like Huacas, Cimarrones and Dos Monta?as.
Pacuare is considered the most beautiful river in Costa Rica, and worldwide one of the best whitewater rafting rivers due to the scenic beauty, waterfalls, hiking trails and diversity of flora and fauna, among which participants will observe blue morpho butterflies, sloths, toucans, red frogs and a great variety of birds. Thus, nature is present throughout the route.
This is a 3.5-hour journey with approximately 18 miles in length. The minimum age for participants is 12 years old.
Once the river journey is finished, our customers are moved to a restaurant in Siquirres, Lim?n for a shower and a typical lunch.
We return to San Jos? and leave rafters in their hotels between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of helmet and a row
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (recommended)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not recommended for child aged 11 and under
- Dress code is a sport – shorts, swimwear, rubber sandals o tennis shoes
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- The maximum weight per person is 275 pound (125 kg)
- No passengers are allowed who have undergone recent surgery (heart, breast implants, spine, etc)
- Persons with conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes are at their own risk as long as they keep up with medical treatment
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
The lobby of the Hotel
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
1 day (approx.)
Tour returns to the lobby of the hotel