Experience San Jose’s historical and cultural offerings on a walking tour of Costa Rica’s vibrant capital city. Begin at Parque Central to take in the city’s main attractions. Explore its Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, Costa Rica Art Museum and National Theater in the company of a local guide. Marvel at the Beaux-Arts-style Melico Salazar Theatre and stop by Churrer?a Manolo?s to sample its iconic cream-filled churros.
This comprehensive city walk includes all entrance fees, along with a delicious lunch.
- Embark on a San Jose walking tour, including museums
- Enjoy a comprehensive sightseeing tour of this Costa Rica capital
- Visit the Neoclassical-style National Theater, known for its exquisite architecture
- Explore both the Gold Museum and the National Museum
- A knowledgeable, expert guide accompanies
- Great city overview for first-time visitors
What You Can Expect
Discover the heart of the capital city of Costa Rica, from the new and old most popular residential areas of San Jos? to theaters, museums, parks and boulevards, a warm mix of cultural, culinary and architectural infrastructure that Costa Rica has to offer.?Starting on the Central Park of San Jose, the first thing we will visit?is The Cathedral and see other historical as Melico Salazar Theater.
After we have seen the capital?s main attractions, our first stop will be in the impressive Pre-Columbian Gold Museum. We continue walking to the Area?of?Barrio Amon?that?represents one the oldest neighborhoods in San Jose. Designed by a Frenchman, Amon Fasileau, it grew to be a beautiful area with a rich architectural history and restaurants and cafeterias.
Take this walking tour to appreciate the splendor of this neighborhood,?after having a great lunch we continue walking to the National Museum of pre-Columbian art, ?transformed from an old military fort to show the country’s peaceful tradition, this museum will give you an insight into the heritage of Costa Rica.
- Walking City Tour through The Cathedral, National Theatre, museums, parks and boulevards, a warm mix of cultural, culinary and architectural infrastructure that Costa Rica has to offer
- Entrance Fees
- Visit the National Theater, is our national treasure.
- Visit Gold Museum, during the visit to this museum you cannot only admire the beautiful gold pieces but also learn about the evolution of metallurgy in Costa Rica, the uses and meanings of the different gold pieces and the social and cultural development of pre-Columbian cultures.
- National Museum, are Costa Rica history, a recreation of the atmosphere of a typical colonial home, Costa Rica Pre-Columbian History
- Lunch Included
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Main entrance of The Cathedral of San Jose, in front of the Central Park
5 hours (approx.)
Tour ends in the National Theater