See firsthand how raw cacao beans are transformed into silky, delicious chocolate on a tasting tour of the Don Olivo Chocolate farm near La Fortuna. Tour the family-owned plantation with a guide, following the journey of cacao from plant to finished product, complete with a tasting of authentic Costa Rican chocolate, along with organic fruit and fresh-pressed sugar cane juice. You’ll also learn about other Costa Rican crops grown on the farm, including medicinal plants and vanilla bean.
- 2-hour chocolate tour and tasting near La Fortuna
- Visit Don Olivo Chocolate, a family-owned farm
- Learn how raw cacao beans become gourmet chocolate
- See other crops grown on the plantation like vanilla and black pepper
- Taste handmade chocolate, fresh fruit, and sugarcane juice
- A delicious way to learn about Costa Rican agriculture
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
What You Can Expect
The tour starts with a tasting of organic fruits and fresh sugar cane juice. Afterwards, you will learn about medicinal plants and some of the other products produced at the farm, such as black pepper and vanilla. Then, you will go into the chocolate plantation where you will hike the trails of cacao and learn about how the fruit gets transformed into the final chocolate product.
- Local guide
- Chocolate tasting
- Sugar cane juice and fruit tasting
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
In front of the church in downtown La Fortuna
8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm
2 hours (approx.)