Spend 10 hours or Two weeks in Costa Rica on an extreme hiking adventure through Cerro Chato, an Arenal Volcano. Experience the natural beauty of La Fortuna as you navigate the trails and passes that wind through its stunning landscapes. When the day is done, relax and unwind with a dip in a natural hot water river before returning to your hotel.
- Navigate steep jungle trails and natural craters with a professional guide
- Two volcanoes extreme hike in La Fortuna
- Experience the beauty of Costa Rica’s jungles
- Climb Cerro Chato and see epic views Relax with a dip in a natural hot river
- Round-trip hotel transportation and lunch included
What You Can Expect
The tour starts with a hike up the dense forest trails that take you?to the Arenal and Chato volcano area. After approximately two hours of the jungle, workout gets to a beautiful viewpoint. Here you can see old lava, endless?forest, the lake and admire the two volcanoes??After lunch head down to the observatory park where the hike gets lighter. Here you pass two hanging bridges and visit the Danta river and waterfall. Along the way, your guide will explain the ecosystem, the volcanoes and the animals you can see. You may see monkeys and tropical birds. Leaving the forest, you reach the Arenal Observatory. In its little museum, you can see the seismograph and your guide will explain more about the volcano. The hike is finished at the deck of the Observatory Lodge. Here you enjoy the panoramic view of the volcano and Arenal Lake till the sun goes down. The transportation will be ready to take you down. Along the drive down you may see the red-eyed tree frog. To finish the tour, in the most relaxing way, you will be taken to the natural hot water river. You can relax in its soothing warm water for about an hour and you can enjoy a volcanic mud facial and a complimentary cocktail. Your tour ends at approximately 8:00 pm when you are dropped off at your hotel.
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from hotels in La Fortuna area
- Cocktail in the Hot-springs
- Dinner not included
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required; Use “Special Requirements” field upon checkout to advise information
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- 5 hours of a hike is involved
- The itinerary may change due to weather conditions or issues with trails
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in La Fortuna area
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
10 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point