Max out the adrenaline (and the fun) during this 9-hour adventure combining a whitewater rafting and canoying trip and zip line excursion. Zoom through the rainforest canopy during a series of heart-pounding zip line rides, some on cable spans as long as 3,200 feet (980 meters). Then battle the Class II and III rapids of the Balsa River. Lunch, snacks, and rafting gear are all included.
- Combine a zip line course and whitewater rafting on this combination of outdoor adventure
- Zoom through the rainforest canopy at speeds of up to 40 mph (70 kph)
- Ride one zip line that’s more than 3,200 feet (980 meters) long
- Challenge the Class II and III rapids of the Balsa River
- Includes typical Costa Rican lunch served at a traditional country estate
- All rafting gear and round-trip hotel transport is covered
- A perfect day of adrenaline and outdoor fun
What You Can Expect
Receive a morning pickup from your hotel in the La Fortuna area, after which you?ll transfer to your first activity of the day featuring an exciting zipline adventure through the rainforest canopy. Strap into your harness and don a helmet as your instructors explain the basics of controlling your speed on the park?s zip lines. Then prepare for fun (and perhaps some adrenaline too) as you fly at speeds of up to 40 miles per hour (70 kilometers per hour) amidst the rainforest treetops like a jungle bird, taking advantage of seven of the zip line course?s best rides. One ride requires a climb up a 54-foot (18-meter) high tower followed by 360-foot (120-meter) ride over a scenic canyon. Another zip line features more than 3,200 feet (980 meters) of cable above La Fortuna Waterfall, making it the longest in the entire park. After your zipline adventure, hop aboard the trip?s 4×4 jeep and enjoy an included fruit snack as you head to the Balsa River. When you arrive at the whitewater rafting spot, you?ll put on your gear and get an introduction to safe paddling and rafting commands from your guides. Then climb into your raft and prepare to get wet along the Class II and III rapids of this fast-moving waterway. You might even scout sloths, toucans, and monkeys in the surrounding jungle, and have time to spare for a refreshing swim. When the rafting trip is done, you?ll head to the day?s included lunch spot, where you?ll dig into a typical Costa Rican-style meal served at the traditional country estate. Following lunch, receive a ride back to your hotel in La Fortuna, where you?ll be dropped off between 4pm and 4:30pm.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Provided equipment: tube, vest, and helmet
- Alcoholic drinks
- Soft Drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on the river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off the bus and at end of tours
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pick up at hotels in the immediate La Fortuna area; additional charge for hotels outside of the immediate?La Fortuna area.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
9 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point