Venture into the Monteverde Cloud Forest even if you’re based in San Jose with this all-inclusive day trip. An experienced driver handles the steep and challenging roads to get you safely to the mountainous reserve, where you can explore the mist-shrouded rainforest via hanging bridges and an aerial tram. After the canopy adventure, get an up-close look at snakes, frogs, and butterflies at a reptile garden, and recharge with a typical Costa Rican lunch.
- See Costa Rican wildlife at the famously biodiverse Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Explore different levels of the rainforest on suspended bridges and a gondola
- Visit a serpentarium, butterfly gardens, and an insect museum for a closer look at native species
- Great way to fit in this must-see Costa Rican destination even with limited time
What You Can Expect
Departing at 5 am from your hotel in San Jose or Alajuela, the first stop will be to have breakfast at a restaurant on the way to Monteverde. You will arrive at the forest around 9 am and start exploring and learning about the fascinating biodiversity of the area. For the adventurers, you will be able to hop on the gondola to have an experience on the treetops, where you can expect 8 cables that extend along canyons, forests, and trees, with wide and safe platforms, the route takes approximately 2 hours, perfect for any adrenaline junkie.
After venturing into the rainforest and exploring, you will enjoy a delicious lunch around 1 pm. At 2 pm you will visit these different exhibitions: Herpetario, where we will find frogs, geckos, iguanas and snakes, more than 30 species that live in an environment created and suitable to be able to see their real behavior, Hummingbird Garden, where you will visit the garden while hummingbird are flying around, and the insect museum, the third largest private exhibition in the world. You will return to the central valley near 5 pm and arrive around 8 pm at your hotel.
- Luxury roundtrip transportation with A / C and Wi-Fi.
- Bilingual guide
- Typical breakfast on the way
- Selected adventure tour
- Typical lunch in the area
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring light clothing, a jacket, and comfortable shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Centrally located San Jose hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
14 hours (approx.)
Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel