Lace up your hiking boots for this full-day immersion in the wild beauty of Tenorio Volcano National Park. Look for wildlife or full day hiking tours on the drive from La Fortuna, and feel like a jungle explorer on the trek to Rio Celeste, known for its mystical aquamarine waters. Take a dip in warm volcanic river pools, admire a cascading waterfall, and reward your efforts with a typical Costa Rican lunch.
- Full-day hiking tour to Rio Celeste from La Fortuna
- Spot native Costa Rican wildlife with the help of a guide
- Hike to the beautiful Rio Celeste in Tenorio Volcano National Park
- See where the bright-blue river changes color due to a reaction of volcanic minerals
- Soak in naturally warm river pools and see a tropical waterfall
- Savor a fresh Costa Rican lunch Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What Can You Expect
The adventure begins with pickup at your La Fortuna hotel and a scenic 2-hour drive through landscapes rich with tropical beauty and wildlife habitats. After arriving at Tenorio Volcano National Park, embark on a moderately challenging 4-hour hike through the park?s protected habitat. Along the way, your guide will help scout for animal sightings and point out highlights of passing flora and fauna. The effort will be well worth it when you reach the beautiful, bright-blue waters of Rio Celeste (Blue River). The otherworldly hue is thanks to converging volcanic minerals from two different rivers, resulting in a rare and photogenic chemical reaction. Snap pictures from a lookout point, admire a tropical waterfall and see the point where the river changes color. You?ll also have a chance to soak in natural warm-water river pools if you like. After exploring this fairytale-like landscape, replenish your energy with a delicious lunch of typical Costa Rican cuisine. Relax on the return drive to La Fortuna, where the full-day tour concludes with drop-off back at your hotel.
- Entrance fees
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from hotels in La Fortuna area
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- 4-hour medium-tough hike is involved
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in La Fortuna area
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
8 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point