Escape the city for a day in the wild on this 7-hour tour from the San Jose area, including a 90-minute cruise down the Sarapiqui River, visits to various animal sanctuaries at the Black Madero private wildlife reserve, and a typical buffet lunch. Make it easy to see Costa Rica?s famous wildlife on this inclusive tour featuring a sample of the popular rainforest and river activities in and around Braulio Carrillo National Forest.
- 7-hour tour of the rainforest from San Jose area
- 90-minute cruise down the Sarapiqui River in Braulio Carrillo National Park
- Free time to explore wildlife attractions at a private nature reserve
- Typical buffet lunch included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from San Jose area included
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide at your hotel at the listed pickup time between 10 and 11:15 a.m., depending on your hotel?s location. Drive along the road leading to Braulio Carrillo National Park, observing the greenery and flora along the way.
Your first stop is at the Sarapiqui River. Hop onboard a boat for a 90-minute river cruise through the rainforest, with the opportunity to observe a wide diversity of birds, animals, and plants. The river is also known for its population of crocodiles; your guide will help you spot them and provide commentary throughout the ride.
At the end of your ride, enjoy a typical buffet lunch like rice, beans, plantains, and meat on a private wildlife reserve. Spend free time enjoying the attractions on the reserve, including a frog pond, butterfly garden, serpentarium, and botanical garden.
End your day with a hot cup of coffee before returning to your hotel.
Please note: A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase.
- Please note that the hotel pickup might be as early as 2 hours prior to the tour departure, depending on the location of your hotel.
- You must be ready 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel.
- Submit Voucher payment
- Highly suggested to bring a camera, insect repellent, walking shoes, and sunscreen.
If you do not have the two passengers at least, the tour is canceled.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in San Jose Downtown
Departure time will depend on where your hotel is located:
Escaz? area 10:05 am
Santa Ana/Alajuela area 10:15 am
Pavas area 10:20 am
Bel?n area 10:30 am
Sabana area 10:40 am
Paseo Col?n area 10:50 am
SJO Centro area 11 am
San Pedro area 11:15 am
7 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point