Explore beyond the coast on this Puerto Limon shore excursion to Cahuita National Park. Take a quick look at Puerto Limon from a panoramic viewpoint before sailing down the tropical Tortuguero Canals in a covered boat en route to a banana plantation and Cahuita National Park. Enjoy a 1.5-hour nature walk with your guide before returning to your port.
- Puerto Limon shore excursion to Cahuita National Park
- Sail through the lush Tortuguero Canals, full of local wildlife
- Tour a banana plantation to learn more about the industry
- Guided 1.5-hour nature walk through Cahuita National Park
- Admire views of Puerto Limon and the coast beyond from a panoramic vista point
- Port pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
The tour begins at the port just a few steps ahead from the cruise ship. At the entrance of the terminal, an experienced guide will be waiting for you to begin this 6 to 7-hour tour. Get into an air-conditioned vehicle and an experienced local guide will share interesting facts about Costa Rica’s Carribean province. Get a magnificent view of Puerto Limon?s town from a panoramic viewpoint, a great opportunity to take a picture of the city and the ship docks. Enjoy 1.5-hours of traveling across the Tortuguero Canals in a covered boat. Your tour guide will point you to the different plants and animals in the area, and you’ll learn about biodiversity, tropical plants and their fruits.
Bananas are a big part of the Costa Rican economy, with Limon being central to this activity. Besides a banana plantation, learn and improve your knowledge about the process of cultivating, harvesting and shipping?the fruit (please keep in mind that, due to regulations, we are not allowed to enter the processing plant). Enjoy a walk for 1.5-hour across the beautiful Cahuita National Park along with your guide, where you’ll get to see even more animals and exotic plants. If the weather is nice, you can also take a dip in the sea if you’d like to.
Optionally, and back in town, take a look at the products in a popular supermarket in the city of Limon, where you can purchase some Costa Rican coffee and other local goods.
- National Park fees
- Bottled water and juice
- Sightseeing cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Fruit tasting
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Comfortable dress code recommended
- Bring rainwear as the weather is very variable
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Additional details
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Cruise Ship Terminal Entrance
30 minutes after your cruise ship arrives at Puerto Limon Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
6 to 7 hrs
Returns to the original departure point