Spend a day exploring Costa Rica?s beauty away from the beach on this guided shore excursion from Punta Arenas. Head out with a guide and a small group of 15 people or fewer to discover the region?s highlights, including the tropical fruits grown in nearby ?fruit towns,? a wildlife area known for its population of white-faced monkeys, and a sail down the lush Tarcoles River. Tour includes entrance fees and all transportation with port or hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Punta Arenas highlights sightseeing tour
- Explore top area attractions including wildlife areas and fruit plantations
- All transportation by private minivan included
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people or fewer
- Port or hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
It starts by going to a private area where the well-known white-faced monkeys come every day and a great chance to see wildlife at its purest state.
After being enchanted by these amazing creatures, you will be taken to the ?fruit towns?. An area where the sweetest and best tropical fruits are produced. Try them from the hands of smiling agricultures proud to share their crops with our visitors.
The climate ranges from hot and dry (mid-November to April) to hot and humid, during the rainy season (the rest of the year).
Most of these naturalist guides, the most professional in the country, have been with this company for more than 10 years. Many are specialists in birds, plant life, or archaeology.
Once you try the soft and fresh tastes of the tropics you will be taken to the wild side. Getting on a safe and comfortable pontoon you will be gliding on the Tarcoles River. This well-known waterway holds the largest population of American Crocodiles in Central America. But it is not only about these fantastic dinosaurs like creatures. It is a great tour for pure naturalists, birdwatchers, and photographer. You will enjoy, among several other species of birds, herons, egrets, roseate spoonbills and other wonders like iguanas and basilisks (Named also Jesus Christ lizards for their ability to walk on water).
After all this excitement, time for lunch comes in! You will try one of the best local restaurants in the coastal region. With fresh meats, vegetables and fruits your lunch will not only be nourishing but also totally delicious!
And after lunch comes shopping. The products are excellent and the prices great. Clean and well distributed, this store is diverse and the prices are affordable. And we will end the shopping going to a real Costarrican supermarket where you will be able to buy our flavored coffee.
To end this great day you will be taken through the city of Puntarenas, the first port Costa Rica ever had in history, you will be taught about its traditions and its particular culture and this as well is the place where your cruise will be waiting for you.
At the end of this fantastic day, you will feel like your visit to Costa Rica was much deeper and larger than one day only… for all you will see and live!
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only in Puntarenas)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- At the time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at the time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Minimum of?2 passengers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Comfortable clothes are recommended
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 15 people per group
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Puntarenas Costa Rica Cruise Port or your hotel in Puntarenas
30 minutes after the cruise arrives or from the hotel at 8:30 am
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
6 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point