During this combination tour of Costa Rica, you?ll explore the urban and natural sides of the country. First, learn about the historical center of Limon, then head to a sloth sanctuary to find out how the rehabilitation center is taking care of the critters, as well as monkeys, iguanas, and birds. Following that, stop at a banana plantation and take a short trek through the jungle where you can spot local wildlife.
- Learn about the region?s wildlife from your naturalist tour guide
- This tour is designed for first-time visitors to Costa Rica
- Pickup and drop-off from the port and hotels in Limon is included
- Lunch is not included, but dining options will be available
What You Can Expect
1) City Tour: History records that in 1502 Christopher Columbus landed in Costa Rica at the place known as Puerto Lim??n. The country’s port has much import and export traffic. The city’s old quarter has the characteristics of a historical center and is currently under urban renovation with the restoration of buildings and a pedestrian walkway from Vargas Park to the market.
2) Sloth Sanctuary: At only 45 minutes from the pier, you will have the opportunity to enjoy and learn more about the rich flora and fauna of the Caribbean slope of Costa Rica in the only one reserve with a unique rehabilitation center for Sloths. The center takes care of dozens of this animals and during the tour, you will have the opportunity to learn about their ecology, behavior, habitat, population status and many other facts about this species. This center is located in a beautiful rainforest with more than 200 acres of land, where you will enjoy beside the sloths, monkeys, iguanas and 255 species of colorful birds. During a nature walk into the rainforest, learn about medicinal plants. Imagine discovering new fragrances, new flavors and the origins of some that you have already experienced, but have not known much about -and doing this in the middle of the exuberant rainforest, surrounded by an intense array of wild leaves and flowers. Imagine learning about an almost unbelievable diversity of plants, and tasting exotic fruits that you didn’t even know existed. The birds benefit from all this diversity that supports a proliferation of wild birds in the area, including the gorges Toucans and dozens of tanagers Walking through the rainforest without a naturalist guide would be overwhelming, so you will be accompanied by one of our guides, who will make the forest come alive for you.
3) Visit a Banana plantation for outside, our guide will provide you with many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained, including the crop, harvesting, processing, packing, and exportation. Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world, with more than 106,000 acres of plantations devoted exclusively to banana production, and 80% of the plantations are located in Limon province, which has become one of the most important economic activities in the region. This is a very interesting cultural experience that you can???t miss.
4)The Jungle Trail: The Jungle Trail offers a 1 km trek through a secondary forest offering beautiful landscapes, various flora and fauna, and including many opportunities to see the remarkably fascinating different frog species of Costa Rica, for example, the red dart frog (dendrobates pumillo). Inside the trail, among the abundant fauna visitors may witness the 3 toed sloths and see the different species of birds such as Toucans.
After all this adventure, your guide will give you two options, you can eat in a restaurant with a panoramic view of Limon, or a restaurant on the beach (at own expense).
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Only on Limon)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Closed on Mondays
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Meet up will be on the pier, you don’t need to walk outside the port
30 minutes after the cruise arrives Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
5 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point