Go Native!! ?The Safari Float & Tortilla Making combo tour is perfect for Nature lovers of all ages. River guides put your raft up close as you?search for monkeys, birds, and crocs, as you make your way down the serene and beautiful Pe?as Blancas River. ?Plus you will enjoy an extra special treat — you will be immersed in the local culture as you learn the art of tortilla making at the home of?Do?a Mara, and enjoy?lunch prepared on a wood stove with one of the?local area families. ?This is truly a unique and meaningful experience that is sure to be one of the most memorable?highlights of your trip. ?Don’t just go on a tour, get involved and really experience Costa Rica! ?This is a tour you are sure to remember forever.
What You Can Expect
Your day of adventure and cultural immersion begins on the Pe?as Blancas Safari Float, the perfect spot for everyone from the very youngest to the very oldest nature lover in your group to get close enough to hear the sounds of the wildlife.
After a short drive from La Fortuna to the river dock, your guide will supply life jackets and help you aboard the raft for your two-hour float down the Pe?as Blancas. Your guide will share his love of Costa Rica and the knowledge and history they know from living in the region.
On this relaxing float down the Pe?as Blancas River, you move slowly and stealthily so you won?t disturb the ambiance, which greatly improves your chance of seeing the abundant life that inhabits this river. Monkeys, the Long-Nosed bat, iguanas, Jesus Christ lizards, owls and much more reside along the banks of the Pe?as Blancas River.
After returning to the dock, you will depart for the Do?a Mara Tortilla Making Experience, and visit with a local family. This time at Do?a Maras home will give you a better understanding of the meaning of ?Pura Vida? (pure life) experienced by rural Costa Ricans. This authentic cultural experience should be a part of everyone?s visit to Costa Rica!
You will be welcomed with a tropical drink (pineapple, orange and coconut water) at the ?rancho? (like a gazebo) and enjoy a delicious typical lunch prepared on Do?a Mara?s rustic wood-fired stove. While lunch is cooking, you will get an opportunity to try your hand at making tortillas from freshly ground corn ?masa.? You will learn how to flatten the dough into perfect circles, ready for cooking ? and for the best part ? you will get to enjoy the fresh home-made tortillas served with lunch!
Guests are encouraged to practice their Spanish and learn about the Costa Rican culture while eating lunch with the family.
At the end of the tour, your driver will take you back to your La Fortuna area hotel.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Provided equipment: tube, vest, and helmet
- Alcoholic drinks
- Soft Drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on the river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off the bus and at end of tours
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pick up at hotels in the immediate La Fortuna area; additional charge for hotels outside of the immediate?La Fortuna area.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
6 hours (approx.)
Drop off at hotels in immediate La Fortuna area. Additional charge for hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area