An isolated coastal reserve teeming with wildlife, Gandoca Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge is a dream come true for nature lovers visiting Costa Rica?s southern Caribbean coast. On this tour, follow a guide for four hours into a tropical rainforest, stopping to learn about local plants and spot animals like monkeys, toucans, and sloths in the wild. Then, relax on a pristine white sand beach before returning to your hotel.
- Gandoca Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge tour from Limon
- Hike through a coastal reserve known for its abundant animal life
- Trek through a tropical rainforest and on white sand beaches with a guide
- A convenient way to explore an off-the-beaten-path destination
What You Can Expect
Our transportation will pick you up at your hotel to head to Manzanillo, where our guide will be waiting to enter the primary forest of the Refuge. Monkeys, toucans, sloths and endless birds will be our companions during the journey, which will take us to the deepest tropical rainforest for 4 hours.
The beauty of this refuge is its incredible forests, lagoons, coral reefs, and white sand beaches. It is located in the most isolated and exotic place on the entire South Caribbean coast.
This refuge protects 4,500 hectares (over 11,000 acres) of the sea, 15 kilometers of coast and 5,000 hectares (over 12,000 acres) of plants and hills with a maximum height of 115 meters.? At the end of this beautiful adventure, you can take a walk or just relax on the beach while you wait for the microbus to take you back to Puerto Viejo.
- Local bilingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not suitable for pregnant women and persons with recent surgery.
- Not suitable for persons not in good physical conditions.
- We may have to cross a river during our trek (especially if it ?s rainy season), we will just remove our shoes and put them later on
- Not children under 11 years.
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase.
- Please note that the hotel pickup might be 2 hours prior to the tour departure, depending on the location of your hotel.
- You must be 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel.
- Submit Voucher payment
- What to Bring:?Trekking boots, Swimsuit, Towel, Insect repellent, Camera, Binoculars, Water bottle
If you do not have the two passengers at least, the tour is canceled.
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule and Pricing
Approximately Returns to original departure point