See the world of hot springs and volcanoes up close on this guided, hot springs tour to Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Surrounded by wildlife and lush flora, cross a hanging bridge to the water. Float in one of ten natural hot springs, take a mud bath and see steaming fumaroles along the volcano?s slope. Return to civilization to unwind with a relaxing lunch in Liberia.
- See Costa Rica?s widest volcano and surrounding landscape
- Swing in a natural hot spring and take a rejuvenating mud bath
- Enjoy a typical Costa Rican lunch and beer in the city of Liberia
- Includes transportation, guide, and entrance fees
What You Can Expect
The trip to the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano is an experience in itself. You will see closely one of the widest volcanoes in diameter in Costa Rica. Tropical forests, including sections of montane and dwarf cloud forest, span the park’s base, providing a safe haven for a host of flora and fauna. Mammals include pumas, jaguar, monkeys-howler, spider, and white-faced-kinkajous, sloths, and tapirs.
Once at the hot springs, you will experience a typical hanging bridge before arriving at this very natural site. You will discover and emerge yourself in a memorable experience, enjoy a volcanic mud bath and indulge in fresh river waters emerging directly from the volcano sources.
On the return trip, you will have the opportunity to see more of the Guanacaste nature and cultural villages. You will then stop in the city of Liberia to enjoy a delicious typical Costa Rican meal and get the chance to visit the local market before returning to your departure point.
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Trilingual speaking guide
- A typical Costa Rican meal
- Local beer, juice and cold water
- Entrance fee to the site and the national park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pick up possible at all major hotels in Playa del Coco and Playa Hermosa
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point