Get a closer look at Costa Rica?s winged wonders at an acclaimed Monteverde insect museum and one of the world?s largest butterfly gardens. Take a guided tour of the artful ?Jewels of the Rainforest? exhibit based on the personal collection of famed biologist Dr. Richard Whitten and featuring hundreds of native Costa Rican specimens. You?ll also walk among a flurry of colorful living butterflies in a giant enclosed habitat that mimics the Monteverde ecosystem.
- See Costa Rican butterflies and insects on a Monteverde combo tour
- A guide points out highlights among one of the world’s largest arthropod collections
- Watch jewel-toned butterflies flutter by in a massive, climate-controlled exhibit
- Includes transport from most Monteverde hotels
What You Can Expect
A visit of rigor for all those who visit the area of Monteverde! The education center contains the Rain Forest Jewels exhibit, owned by biologist Richard Whitten, one of the world’s largest private collections of insects!
Dr. Whitten has combined natural history and art in a unique way which inspires visitors to appreciate these wonderful creatures that are arthropods, from a craft perspective totally unlike any exhibition that can be found.
Our visitors will receive a guided tour where they will learn about the biodiversity of arthropods around the world, with a special emphasis on the formidable, and fantastic, tiny creatures of the Monteverde and Costa Rica area.
A Different World… A World of butterflies, venture into exploring a different world. A world in which a controlled climate provides the best temperature, of 82.4? F (28? C), for its inhabitants to survive. Explore a community that gathers more than 20 species of butterflies. Learn about their life cycle, their special abilities and behaviors that have helped them evolve into each different species. Enjoy the guided walk inside one of the world’s largest live butterfly exhibitions with an area of over 29,000 square feet (2,700 square meters). Come and enjoy all the wonders that you may discover in this marvelous world that waits for you.
- Tour guide
- Admission to the park
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase.
- You must be 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel.
- Submit Voucher payment
- What to bring:?Comfortable clothing, Closed shoes, Rain jacket, Water, Insect?repellent.
- IMPORTANT: If you do not have the two passengers at least, the tour is canceled.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
08:00am – 10:30am – 12:30pm and 14:00pm
2 hours (approx.)
10:00 am ?- 12:30 pm ?- 14:30 pm – 16:00 pm Approximately