Discover orchid gardens, colonial architecture, and a magnificent volcano on this full-day trip to Orosi Valley from San Jose. Admire Irazu Volcano ? the tallest in the country ? and wander the historic streets of Orosi?s town center. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant and take a leisurely stroll through the gorgeous Lankester Botanical Gardens.
- Day trip to Irazu Volcano, Orosi Valley, and Lankester Gardens
- Explore the beauty of Costa Rica on a full-day tour
- Visit the Basilica of Los Angeles
- Discover the rich history of Orosi?s colonial church
- See the stunning natural landscapes at the Lankester gardens
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Spend a day immersed in the natural and cultural wonders of Costa Rica. After pickup at your San Jose hotel, travel in an air-conditioned van through the scenic countryside to arrive at Cartago, a city nestled at the base of a volcanic mountain range. Step inside the Basilica of Los Angeles, an important spiritual destination where you can see a glittering collection of gold and silver offerings left by pilgrims over the years.
Towering over Cartago is the impossible-to-miss Irazu Volcano. It?s the tallest in the country at an imposing 11,000 feet (3.4 km) above sea level. Take in spectacular views of the sloping gray cone and dramatic crater.
Next, explore the charming colonial town of Orosi, where you?ll walk among historic streets and pay a visit to one of Costa Rica?s oldest churches. Take a break from touring with a delicious and authentic lunch at a local restaurant.
To end your tour, head to the nearby Lankester Botanical Gardens for a pleasant walk among manicured tropical landscapes and dazzling orchids. Savor all the sights of the day as you relax on the drive back to San Jose.
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- A minimum of two passengers is required for the tour to commence. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Tour departs from most centrally located San Jose hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
8 hours (approx.)
Returns to original point of departure