Explore the secluded beaches and vibrant reefs of Isla Chora both above the surface and below on a kayak and snorkeling tour from Samara. After paddling?to the island in a sea kayak, head out into shallow waters during low tide to snorkel among marine life such and clown and puffer fish, octopus, and sea stars. There’s also time to relax on a pristine beach while enjoying fantastic views back toward the mainland and a fresh fruit snack.
- Kayak and snorkel tour of Isla Chora from Samara Beach
- Paddle out to a secluded island off the Guanacaste coast in a sea kayak
- Snorkel among coral reefs teeming with fish and other marine life
- Learn about native wildlife from a guide
- Relax on an uncrowded beach with great views of Samara
- Enjoy a fresh fruit snack and beverages
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family-friendly tour
What You Can Expect
The bilingual tour guide will pick up from your hotel in Samara Beach or Carrillo Beach in a comfortably air-conditioned shuttle and take you to the starting point of the Ocean Kayak tour. ?All equipment is provided such as life vests, kayak, paddles, water and fruit that is provided once on the island. ?The guide has a dry bag for any delicate items you may be carrying with you. ?Make sure to bring shoes that can get wet.
It takes about 25 – 45 minutes to paddle to the island, depending on where the tour starts at. ?Once on the island, you will discover a secluded beach with amazing views back to Samara and the mountains behind it. Walking into the shallow and warm waters you will discover reefs teaming with tropical fish. Some local wildlife will likely be curious and visit you:?the large iguanas and raccoons. The bilingual guide will take you snorkeling near?the island where you can enjoy seeing clown and puffer fish, as well as octopus and starfish, just to name a few. The waters around Samara are safe for the whole family. ?Tours are done when the tide is?low.
After snorkeling or for people that choose not to snorkel, you can hang out on the beach and enjoy the view of Samara and the hills behind it. ?Fruit and water will be offered. ?You will then make your way back to Samara and be returned in the same shuttle to your hotel.
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in Samara and Carrillo Beach
3 hours 30 minutes (approx.)
Returns to original departure point