Add a touch of wild to your Puerto Limon shore excursion with this tour that includes a visit to the Jaguar Rescue Center, an organization that helps protect animals in need. Then, visit top Puerto Limon attractions including a banana plantation, tropical fruit stand, and the town?s historical core.
- Puerto Limon shore excursion with Jaguar Rescue Center
- See all the top Puerto Limon sights plus an animal rescue center
- Great way to explore Puerto Limon in just one day
- All transportation with port pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
- A unique experience with wild animals from Costa Rica while, supporting a good cause.
- Tropical fruits. Your first stop is Fruit Stand, where the tour guide will give a little talk of cocoa and coffee. Also will taste delicious fruits of the Caribbean.
- Banana Plantation. Visit a Banana plantation for outside, our guide will provide you with many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained, including the crop, harvesting, processing, packing, and exportation. Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world, with more than 106,000 acres of plantations devoted exclusively to banana production, and 80% of the plantations are located in Limon province, which has become one of the most important economic activities in the region. This is a very interesting cultural experience that you can?t miss. After all this adventure, our guide will give you two options, you can eat in a restaurant with a panoramic view of Limon or a restaurant on the beach, (lunch not included). City tour. See the main sights on Puerto Limon, where Christopher Columbus landed in 1502. Still a large shipping port, the city now receives many cruise ships. Pass the city’s old quarter with a combination of historical and buildings under renovation, also see the market, park, and viewpoint.
- Shopping and Souvenirs. There are many souvenir shops along the way. You will find a variety of crafts, shopping options along with food choices that reflect the different cultures. You are sure to find just what you are looking for.
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel/port drop-off (Only if the Hotel it’s on Limon)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- At the time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at the time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of?4 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Additional details
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Meet up will be on the pier, you don’t need to walk outside the port
30 minutes after the cruise arrives Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
5 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point